Friday, 1 November 2013

Flu, injections and the immune system.




I have a healthy respect for our bodies’ capacity to protect us from all sorts of toxins, bacteria, viruses and other nasties that come at us in our food and drink, and in the very air we breath. We have so many protective mechanisms around all our entrances (nose, mouth, ears etc): defences like sphincters and mucous membranes, tonsils and nasal hair, ear wax and acid baths. Our bodies are built like a medieval castle with moats and drawbridges. And as long as we are healthy, these defences serve us well.
I learnt this lesson particularly well when I was doing research into snake venoms. The Bristol University has a great library which I had access to, and I was looking at all the material on the snake venoms that homeopaths use as remedies, like the American rattlesnake, the Brazilian surucucu, and the Indian cobra. Their venoms are incredibly toxic, with components that can stop your heart, paralyse you instantly, and start to digest you from the inside. And you only need a tiny amount in your bloodstream to kill you.
The most amazing thing is that you can drink snake venom and it won’t hurt you! It goes straight into the acid bath known as your saliva and stomach fluid and gets digested instead. In other words, our body kills the venom not vice versa.
That’s when I realised how awesome our defences are, and how dangerous it can be to inject stuff straight into our blood stream, bypassing all our barricades and getting straight to all our vulnerable organs. So why would you inject yourself with all this stuff, year after year?


This is the ingredients for your standard flu jab, replete with formaldehyde and a mercury derivative. And remember, this is going straight into your blood stream, no holds barred, no defences, your moat is empty and your drawbridge is down.
I can understand that people are frightened of flu. It can develop into coughs, bronchitis, pneumonia and death in the vulnerable. It can make you feel miserable for weeks. But there are many alternatives to putting all this stuff into your blood stream, I promise you.
The one I know best is homeopathy. I’m a homeopath, and I treat lots of people, year in and year out. And I know that if one of my patients gets flu that they probably need another remedy. Homeopathy helps the immune system to help itself, homeopathy isn’t a load of chemicals dumped into your blood stream, it’s more like a piece of you given back to you, exactly the piece you need to help all your own systems do what they try to do best - defend you, give you energy and strength, help you to use your body and mind in the best possible way. Homeopaths work hard to find that little missing piece of you, and if one of my patients get ill then it’s usually time for another remedy. And I am sure there are other alternative health practitioners out there who would lay claim to being able to lift your immune system. I’m talking about what I know, and what I do best.
So don’t do it. Don’t compromise your systems with chemicals and viruses. Seek out the alternative, take your health into your own hands and find someone who can help your immune system to help itself. It’s not rocket science!

No comments:

Post a Comment