Friday, 22 November 2013

Glandular fever and recurrent tonsillitis



I wanted to write about two illnesses that I know that homeopathy can treat. They are recurrent tonsillitis, and glandular fever. You won’t find any research or scientific studies into this, because homeopaths don’t have the money for that sort of thing. But I have had an enormous amount of experience of treating these two problems, and I know homeopathy works, over and over again. Due to the stringent rules of the Advertising Standards Agency (ASA), I can’t put anything about my successes in these illnesses on my website, and I am not allowed to let my happy customers tell their stories on there either. This is deeply frustrating, but at least I can tell you all about it here!

Recurrent tonsillitis is the bane of children and teenagers up and down the land, causing pain and torment, necessitating days off school and endless courses of antibiotics, culminating in surgery and the removal of a part of the lymphatic system that protects us from harmful germs and contaminants. Tonsils are a big part of our defence system, and their position behind the mouth and nose is strategically important - after all, everything we eat or drink, and everything we breathe in goes past them first! It’s important to keep them if possible. So homeopathy has a huge amount to offer in this area, and I know that I have successfully treated many people over the years, so that they no longer get tonsillitis and still have their tonsils intact. 

The second problem, glandular fever, is the curse of teenagers and students. It can go on and on, is hugely debilitating, and orthodox medicine has little to offer. I’ve had two cases recently of men sent home from university with glandular fever, unable to complete their courses. But guess what? Homeopathy sorted them out and within two weeks of treatment they both felt 100% better. Yes, I know this is anecdotal evidence, I know that scientifically I haven’t a leg to stand on, but these are the facts of the matter. Given that the doctors can’t help, why wouldn’t anyone try homeopathy?!

I think maybe you can tell from reading this that I am very frustrated by being able to do my work well, but not being given the opportunity. I have spent over 25 years treating patients for all sorts of conditions. I have advanced qualifications in homeopathic treatment, even a good M.Sc. in homeopathy, and I’ve taught it to degree level. Yet, apart from this blog, I am legally unable to advertise what I can do in terms of particular diseases, and even my patients are not allowed to tell their stories of successful treatment on my website or any other publicity. The most frustrating part is that that there are plenty of children and young people out there who could really benefit from homeopathy, and yet they don’t know anything about it! So I can only hope that by sharing my thoughts with you, dear reader, things may yet change.

Also I need to say that us homeopaths don’t always get it right. So even with something like glandular fever it might take us a few tries to find the right remedy. But homeopathy can help in this situation, and it is always worth thinking of homeopathy when someone has a disease that doctors can’t treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment